Copying from DVD, read and preserve the UDF timestamp and create a base folder that takes the name from the DVD

Features wanted...
kiudaset74

Copying from DVD, read and preserve the UDF timestamp and create a base folder that takes the name from the DVD

Post by kiudaset74 »

Hello,

when I compare Windows Explorer in Windows 10 with XYplorer (21.60) and copy my DVD, Windows Explorer automatically creates a base folder with the name of the DVD and the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders and their files.

An example of exactly what I mean.

In Windows Explorer in the main view it shows this name of the DVD in DVD drive.

DVD RW Drive (E:)
Backup 4 (under information there is no time stamp)

Open

AUDIO_TS (Date modified, Date created, Date accessed)
VIDEO_TS (Date modified, Date created, Date accessed)
+ 10 files (Date modified, Date created, Date accessed)

When I right click with the mouse on the main view in Windows Explorer on "Copy" and on the Desktop "Paste". Then that's exactly what happens.

Windows Explorer automatically creates a base folder and the remaining folders and files.

Backup 4 (Date modified, Date created, Date accessed -> all were set to transfer time)

Open

AUDIO_TS (Date modified -> preserved from the source) (Date created, Date accessed -> all were set to transfer time)
VIDEO_TS (Date modified -> preserved from the source) (Date created, Date accessed -> all were set to transfer time)
+ 10 files (Date modified -> preserved from the source) (Date created, Date accessed -> all were set to transfer time)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem I would like to have a different behavior that Windows Explorer does not give me.

I then tested XYplorer and can not do what I am looking for. For example, XYplorer does not support the automatic creation of a base folder with the name of the DVD when users use the "Copy" and "Paste" function. Additionally, it does not display the timestamp from UDF format, for example, under information. The support is missing.

I am looking for exactly this.

DVD RW Drive (E:)
Backup 4 (it displays the timestamps "Date modified, Date created, Date accessed" from the UDF, if available)

Open

AUDIO_TS (Date modified, Date created, Date accessed)
VIDEO_TS (Date modified, Date created, Date accessed)
+ 10 files (Date modified, Date created, Date accessed)

Copy to Desktop

Backup 4 (Date modified, Date created, Date accessed -> preserved from the source)

Open

AUDIO_TS (Date modified, Date created, Date accessed -> preserved from the source)
VIDEO_TS (Date modified, Date created, Date accessed -> preserved from the source)
+ 10 files (Date modified, Date created, Date accessed -> preserved from the source)