Show selected custom file info tips along MP3/FLAC info and tags

Features wanted...
Millzey

Show selected custom file info tips along MP3/FLAC info and tags

Post by Millzey »

I hover file icons constantly to see audio info and tags for MP3/FLAC, but I'd also like to see Date Created and other custom file info tips. But when Show audio info and tags is enabled, no custom info is shown. Is it possible to combine the two?

Thanks

jupe

Re: Show selected custom file info tips along MP3/FLAC info and tags

Post by jupe »

You can get most of the information that is shown when "audio info and tags" is enabled by disabling it and instead just ticking the checkboxes of what you want shown here:

Configuration | Information | File Info Tips & Hover Box | Show custom file info tips

that allows you to then select Date Created in that list, some of the audio fields are listed under different names though so be aware, eg. Artist can be "Contributing Artist"/Authors or something similar in that list, Track number is just #, etc...

Here's a few of the main ID numbers that might make it easier to find them for you (Win10, may be different on other OS):

#13 | Contributing artists
#14 | Album
#15 | Year
#16 | Genre
#20 | Authors
#21 | Title
#24 | Comments
#26 | Track Number
#27 | Length
#28 | Bit rate
#243 | Composers

Millzey

Re: Show selected custom file info tips along MP3/FLAC info and tags

Post by Millzey »

Thanks for the suggestion. I've found that often the file property for the matching audio tag is not always populated, or vice versa. For custom columns I often use the (mp3) audio tag value and fallback to file property.