Restore Folder View (#478) should reposition at top

Features wanted...
prino

Restore Folder View (#478) should reposition at top

Post by prino »

When doing a Folder View Restore (#478) on a folder, and especially a folder that contains more than a screen full of data, it would be ever so nice if the folder could be restored scrolled back completely to the top.

Rationale, at least for me:

When I have to restore to a backup (having saved that as "filename.ext.bak" I sort on name, so that I see both the changed file and the backup. A selection of both followed by a "Ctrl-Shift-F2" swaps them back, and that's followed by a recompile via a batch file that normally shows up right at the top of the list by the virtue of having a date in the future, and a default folder view that sorts files on dates. Right now I have to Ctrl-Home to go to the top of the list, not an overly big deal, but IMHO it would be a tiny bit more Anwenderfreundlich if #478 would take care of that (even if only as a tweak, for now?)
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
At last, a tiny bit of programming here... :mrgreen:

admin
Site Admin

Re: Restore Folder View (#478) should reposition at top

Post by admin »

I wanted to reply: script it!

But I'm not sure it's possible (I'm not a scripter). So my question goes to the scripters: Is there a way to scroll the list up using scripting (with or without changing the selection)?

highend

Post by highend »

sel 1;
or
sendkeys "{Home}";

should do it (if you want to scroll up to the first item)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Both select the first item and lose any previous selections. I would say that a pure scroll command is missing.