"Virtual" Paper Folder.

Features wanted...
eil

Re: "Virtual" Paper Folder.

Post by eil »

hope i tested everything i tried yesterday, and i must say it now works, but still not 100%! :roll:
i found 2 flaws that need polish.

1. in script i was testing with, i use tab() to pre-create tab to have ability to rename it. don't know since what beta, but it started to misunderstand if icon is specified along the name.

Code: Select all

paperfolder(, , , "oe1");
  $a = <selitems |>;
  tab("new", "delete+|:del");
  paperfolder("Sel3", $a, "|", "la");
now it leads to taking icon statement as a filter pattern >
2021-03-10_205229.png
2021-03-10_205229.png (7.45 KiB) Viewed 575 times
before it normally added icon to tab >
2021-03-10_210412.png
2021-03-10_210412.png (671 Bytes) Viewed 575 times

2. actually quite strange "flaw" and i'm not even sure if it's "a bug or a feature". :?:
if "Explicit Save Only" is ON(Autosave OFF) and non-existing paperfolder is used in script, XY creates one and saves it with items(just like if autosave would be ON). if consider it a bug, XY shouldn't create new paperfolder, and of course shouldn't save anything in it.

OR if you can make vise-versa behavior, this can become an incarnation of [named] idea.! I remember you said [named] could break old scripts = well this "flaw" can become an exception for both and no names involved.
Algorithm 1::
"Explicit Save Only" is ticked(Autosave OFF), any used paperfolders aren't saved and "temporary", BUT if non-existened paperfolder is used in script - it is created and saved(scripting way to make save even when autosave is off)[that's what happens now, as a bug]
Algorithm 2::
"Explicit Save Only" is not Ticked(Autosave ON), any used paperfolder is saved, BUT if non-existened paperfolder is used - it is not created and not saved just shown as temporary tab(an incarnation of [named] exception idea)
..or you can just fix it as described in the beginning of 2. :whistle:
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

jupe

Post by jupe »

I'll answer part 1 if no one minds, yet again it seems you aren't reading the help file for the command you are using, what tab("new") takes as a parameter is a location not a CAPTION, so instead you would want something like this:

tab("new");
 tab("rename", "delete+|:del");

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The script should look like this to make the rename+icon work:

paperfolder(, , , "oe1");
  $a = <selitems |>;
  tab("new");
  tab("rename", "delete+|:del");
  paperfolder("Sel3", $a, "|", "la");
The other issue is actually as advertised: There has to be a PF source file. I might find a way to even remove this condition. Some day... ;)

... PS: Next beta that source file will be empty.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, jupe, you beat me by one minute. :)

eil

Post by eil »

jupe wrote: 10 Mar 2021 19:28 again it seems you aren't reading the help file for the command you are using, what tab("new") takes as a parameter is a location not a CAPTION
my bad, i do read Help file for sure, just sometimes experiments results give me "wrong knowledge = though tab("new", "delete+|:del"); is wrong, it did rename the tab, so i didn't understand i used it wrong. practice teaches me better than theory, and if it wouldn't set "delete+" name i would notice it's wrong and search for reason. :oops:

admin wrote: 10 Mar 2021 19:29The other issue is actually as advertised: There has to be a PF source file. I might find a way to even remove this condition. Some day... ;)
so it's intended, i see. then probably we can say "Temporary Paper Folders" are born and working. :party:
p.s. if one day you find a way to remove that condition and maybe make tab stay(not clear on switching tabs), that would be real Virtual PF coming. :ninja: but for now what's done is already good and practical.)
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768