"Foldable" Branch View?

Features wanted...
kunkel321

"Foldable" Branch View?

Post by kunkel321 »

I use Branch View pretty often and it occurred to me that it might be useful if the folders and subfolders where foldable/collapsable. I know that you can select which folders get expanded into Branch View by selecting them prior to using BV. This would be similar, but you could show/hide the contents while already in BV.

It does occur to me however, that Sorting by anything other than Path would be confusing with folding/collapsing folders... For example, If you sorted by file type, then folded a folder, would the contents of the folder be hidden, now matter where they currently appeared in the sorted list? I think yes.

On a completely unrelated note: I'd just like to say, as an American, on the afternoon of January 20, 2021, Thank gawd almighty, I've finally woken up from this 4-year nightmare. [/rant]
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

admin
Site Admin

Re: "Foldable" Branch View?

Post by admin »

It sounds like a natural idea, and I would like to add it, but it would be a major work. Plus users would expect that the collapsed state is remembered between tab switches and sessions. I'm not sure if the demand justifies the effort.

Congrats! :) (But the GOP did not go away)