Instant color filters for specific tabs/papers

Features wanted...
Millzey

Instant color filters for specific tabs/papers

Post by Millzey »

I have a paper folder in its own tab always open, that I use an instant color filter to highlight a half dozen or so folder location to make it easy to see the source (column for path not nearly as helpful), but I have to toggle the instant color filter each time I view the paper, and finish viewing the paper. Rather than making instant color filters global it would be nice to be able to apply them for specific tabs or papers only. An alternative might be an option on regular color filters to specify a particular tab or paper.

Millzey

Re: Instant color filters for specific tabs/papers

Post by Millzey »

A similar situation: I always have a dedicated tab for search results which contain results from many other tab locations that I always have open/locked. I'd use an instant color filter on the search results almost everytime, which reads the audio special property for bitrate. But I have to toggle it every time I search because all the other tabs I frequent have many files and the color filters makes changing tabs/refresh take too long to leave on.

If there was a switch like //|filter: that could be used to instant or global color filters that would specify only to be used on search results or paper folders would really be helpful.

highend

Post by highend »

Why don't you use the new Custom Event Actions - Other Events - Switch tabs feature from the latest beta and a script?

Code: Select all

$path = tab("get", "path");
    $mode = tab("get", "mode");
    if (regexmatches($path, "^paper:") || regexmatches($mode, "(1|6)")) {
        if (colorfilter() == "") { button "icf", 1; }
    } else {
        if (colorfilter()) { button "icf", 1; }
    }
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

Millzey

Post by Millzey »

Friggin really cool thanks. Thats a feature I havent used and even forgot existed.