Improve the whole "branch view" user experience with 3 basic workflow features

Features wanted...
woofy31

Improve the whole "branch view" user experience with 3 basic workflow features

Post by woofy31 »

I've been using branch view for a while, and I'm surprised to see it doesn't have some of the basic user experience design I've seen in MacOS' branch view implementation. Specifically:

1. Unable to copy/cut & paste inside a folder in branch view; for example, in the below screenshot if I try to cut file3 from the left and paste it on the now highlighted file4 on the right, I expected file3 to be pasted within folder2 like MacOS does, yet it doesn't work and instead it just pastes it at the root folder, forcing me to exit branch view in order to do the basic copy/cut/pasting :roll:
0.png
0.png (21.77 KiB) Viewed 2847 times
2. Unable to drag a file inside a folder from branch view by dropping on a file from that folder; example: in the below screenshot, on MacOS I could have easily dragged file3 from the left and drop it on file3 on the right, optionally overwriting the right one; instead I have to drop it on the folder (imagine the horror when a folder has tenths of files and I have to scroll all the way back to that folder)
1.png
1.png (18.51 KiB) Viewed 2847 times
3. Unable to drag a file from one folder to another while in branch view; example: in the below screenshot, I should be able to just drag file7 over file4 and thus move it inside folder2 (similarly, I should be able to drag the whole folder3 over file4 and thus move the whole thing inside folder2)
2.png
2.png (8.8 KiB) Viewed 2847 times
These features would bring so much love to branch view, they would turn it into such a fast & natural-feeling workflow!