feature request: option to keep "New Tab" and "Tab List" buttons on right of tabs

Features wanted...
xyplorerköln

feature request: option to keep "New Tab" and "Tab List" buttons on right of tabs

Post by xyplorerköln »

Don, thank you for your constant commitment to innovation and excellence in your work.

I would like to follow up on this discussion: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19847

Specifically, I would like the option (a) to keep the "New Tab" and "Tab List" buttons on the right of the tabs for each pane at all times, and also (b) for those buttons to remain constant (locked to the right) while the tabs do whatever you want them to do on the left.

As it is now, as long as there are few enough tabs, the "New Tab" and "Tab List" buttons exist on the right, which is what I would expect. Suddenly, when the pane is filled with tabs, the buttons jump to the left, which in my view is a counterintuitive place for the buttons to reside.

I understand from reading the discussion linked above that there may be challenges with how the interface handles large numbers of tabs, and wouldn't want the tab-overflow issue reintroduced, but would simply like the buttons to remain constantly on the right of each pane.

klownboy

Re: feature request: option to keep "New Tab" and "Tab List" buttons on right of tabs

Post by klownboy »

This tweak puts the tab list and new tab buttons where you want them (setting "2"). It may be presently set to "0" flexible. :?:

Code: Select all

; Tweak: 0 = flexible, 1 = left, 2 = right
TabShowListButtonPos=2
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

xyplorerköln

Re: feature request: option to keep "New Tab" and "Tab List" buttons on right of tabs

Post by xyplorerköln »

Thank you, klownboy. Much appreciated!

autocart

Post by autocart »

Yes, thank you, klownboy!

Ofc, it would also be nice if we could have the option to have the "new tab" button and the "tab list" button on both sides of the tabset.
I know, I know ... It is not very important, but just wishing. :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If I understand correctly you want an option to have those buttons locked to the right end of the tab bar. Good idea! :tup: Next version:

Code: Select all

; Tweak: 0 = flexible, 1 = left, 2 = right, 3 = right end of the tab bar
TabShowListButtonPos=3

autocart

Post by autocart »

admin wrote: 29 Dec 2020 11:42 If I understand correctly you ...
Not sure, Don, if you are referring to me or the OP.
If me, I did not mean it like that but that it would be nice to have a new tab button (and the list button) being displayed on both ends of the tab bar at the same time. Often I don't want to move the mouse across the whole width of the screen to open a new tab. But there are other ways too to open a new tab, so its not very important.

Your idea is good too!!