Rename directory should tweakable set Archive attribute on *ALL* contained files

Features wanted...
PeterH

Re: Rename directory should tweakable set Archive attribute on *ALL* contained files

Post by PeterH »

RalphM wrote: 20 Sep 2020 04:31
prino wrote: 19 Sep 2020 18:32 I have pretty complicated command files written in REXX that do rather a lot more than just XCOPY.
That was a blast from the past for me - I used to do a bit of REXX programming back in my IBM mainframe days some 15+ years ago.
I didn't even know it was used on other platforms as well.
For Windows you might have a look at SPFLite.
Nowadays quite a restriction: it's not really unicode-capable :(
Win11 Pro 223H2 Gerrman

RalphM

Re: Rename directory should tweakable set Archive attribute on *ALL* contained files

Post by RalphM »

Well, I didn't necessarily mean that I wanted to get back into it.
After that many years it would be a lot easier to just learn any current language rather than reviving those old dusty memories from my mainframe days when 512MB of storage were packed in HDD's with a stack of 12 platters of 14" discs in a steel enclosure the size of a small freezer (80x100x80 cm) with a power rating probably exceeding the one of said freezer.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

prino

Post by prino »

RalphM wrote: 20 Sep 2020 15:55 Well, I didn't necessarily mean that I wanted to get back into it.
Then again, if you want to get back into it, there's a full working copy of the z/OS 1.11 ADCD on archive.org, and the torrent for z/OS 1.10 (which I've been using since 2009) is still around, and compared to the real ISPF editor, SPFLite is, well let's be friendly, very, very lite...
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
At last, a tiny bit of programming here... :mrgreen: