Specific Audio Outputs when Previewing?

Features wanted...
Skettalee

Specific Audio Outputs when Previewing?

Post by Skettalee »

Hey, i have a home studio every location I am at which means I have high quality expansive I/O audio interfaces and sometimes multiple ones on a single computer in some locations. I have been really loving to use XYplorer as a tool for quick previewing, tagging and highlighting of my huge libraries of audio files much faster than I could using any other software. I have been able to go into Sound Settings in my windows 10 systems and under "App Volume and device preferences" and right when I start previewing audio I could see the App XYplorer and be able to pick the exact audio output I wanted to use for listening and this was the big setting for me when previewing since some settings I didn't want the whole room to have to hear all the audio I am previewing and have it go straight to my headphones only and even sometimes send it straight to the drummers sound room so they could listen and not bother me.. and now the biggest use for this feature has been at my home living room (which most of it is a music studio control room at this point) but still the wife likes to use some processing of my computer and her own screen to the side to watch either netflix or movies in VLC and such so I would setup my own headphone listening and give her an area with speakers to listen to her shows.. So now knowing all that... Recently I stopped seeing the Xyplorer in the App Volume and Device preferences, even after I have went to the program and forced it to preview some audio. and on the other side... sometimes it does show up. But for some weird reason after I set the OUTPUT to what I want, it isn't playing for some reason. I figured maybe its my problem, and maybe.. it still is in some way. But why not have in your programs configuration section the ability to set the audio output device and channels for previewing? I dont see anything in the actual program to help guide my audio where I want it and in alot of other programs (near all if not all that has the ability to play audio) I still have the ability to set the output there if the windows settings preference does not work.

You guys know anything or can help me to get xyplorer to always output where I want it to? Thanks in advance!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Specific Audio Outputs when Previewing?

Post by admin »

Wouldn't help if your wife had her own Windows account?

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

Not really, at the house I have a 4 monitor machine and it’s taking up both the spare bedroom and most of the living room including whatever instruments I have out at the time. She is just watching Netflix or downloaded content or YouTube but I am the person that has to play or dj the content to her most of the time. I do have multiple locations in the house with mouse and keyboard control but thats mostly for me to use I’m always at the machine anyway doing something on the machine and playing videos for her as well.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, I added it to my list.

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

Wow, thanks. So there is just 1 person that is the creator of this software? If so then WOW. This is probably the most amazing tool I have ever found on a computer I love it. Also I would love to offer my services for free to you guys if ever needed. I do graphic design, video editing, motion graphics, animation, 3d modeling, and music production so I could offer alot for promotional purposes like logos, flyers, icons, video ads, animation work for tutorial purposes 3d modeling for possibly a 3d logo and music for music in promos, or audio design for sound effects and even more. Not sure if yall have any needs like that but mark me down if you ever do and I offer my services free just to give back and show my appreciation for what you do.

Damien Lee Benoit ( 337 Media Studios )
damien.benoit@gmail.com
337-303-3753 ( Rayne, Louisiana Currently but wife is in the military so I jump around )
https://ww.337studios.com

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the offer! :tup: :beer: The day might come...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1) BTW, have you seen the new Seamless Wave Looping? https://www.xyplorer.com/release_21.70.php#WaveLoop

2) Concerning your wish: I could restore the volume level across XYplorer sessions. Would that help? The other stuff is a bit hard.

yuyu

Post by yuyu »

@Skettalee

Maybe this utility can be useful for your case:
http://www.hoaitech.com/audio-output-switcher