Copy options

Features wanted...
roy.lambert

Copy options

Post by roy.lambert »

Often when I'm copying (especially to a USB stick) there are already things there and I only find out when I come back to my PC and find out the copying has stopped waiting and is waiting for my input.

What I think would be a nice feature is to have the capability or specifying the options (eg skip or overwrite) before the copy starts so I can wander off and know things will be finished when I come back.

Having posted this I'm sure someone will tell me its already there and how to use it :oops: :oops:

nas8e9

Re: Copy options

Post by nas8e9 »

roy.lambert wrote: 11 Feb 2020 16:10 Often when I'm copying (especially to a USB stick) there are already things there and I only find out when I come back to my PC and find out the copying has stopped waiting and is waiting for my input.

What I think would be a nice feature is to have the capability or specifying the options (eg skip or overwrite) before the copy starts so I can wander off and know things will be finished when I come back.

Having posted this I'm sure someone will tell me its already there and how to use it :oops: :oops:
Now that you mention it... :biggrin:

If you have Tools > Configuration > File Operations > Use Custom Copy, enabled, you can set options in the same place with the Configure button for name collisions and failures.

eil

Post by eil »

i still hope one day XYcopy will be enhanced to skip all questionable situations for last and first do all the operations that can be done without asking for user decision. :whistle:
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

roy.lambert

Post by roy.lambert »

Thank you kind sir - you have saved a midden in distress