Group shortcuts to folders with folders

Features wanted...
milllirem

Group shortcuts to folders with folders

Post by milllirem »

If the option to show folders in their own group in list view is turned on, it would be nice to also have an option to group shortcuts to folders along with them. I generally don't care if a folder is a real folder or a shortcut - I just want to enter it. Having shortcuts to folders listed in a separate group makes me miss them often, especially if the real folders list is quite long. Thanks.

fishgod

Re: Group shortcuts to folders with folders

Post by fishgod »

Maybe not as compfortable as if XY would support it nativly, but
you could also disable sort folders apart and build it with a custom column und sort by that column:

Code: Select all

return (exists(<cc_item>)==2 || exists(property("#LinkTarget", <cc_item>))==2) ? 'F' : '';
You could use is as primary sort und secondary sort would be the name-column. You could save that as the default-folder-view.

Or you could use junctions instead of shortcuts (copy and than: paste special > paste as junction) as junctions appear just like normal folders in most cases. Only the meaning is a little bit different, a junction hooks/mounts its target on that place into the filesystem instead of jumping to the target. Also NTFS filesystem is needed (but thats the default on Windows).
Operating System: Win10 x64 / Win11 x64 / almost allways newest XY-beta
totally XYscripting-addicted

milllirem

Re: Group shortcuts to folders with folders

Post by milllirem »

Done. Thanks for the idea.