drag selection

Features wanted...
suslo

drag selection

Post by suslo »

the v20.60.0405 - 2020-01-27 21:54 contains this:
In view "List" drag selection (aka lasso selection) did not mind the actual captions of the items but the whole cell. Fixed. Now it works like in Explorer
it was not broken. it was more convenient than the current behavior
please add an ini-tweak that allows to choose the previous way of selecting

in my thoughts i thank you everytime when you give us a choice (when changing something in xy)
this time you gave no choice. and the change is important to me. that's why i created this topic

suslo

Re: drag selection

Post by suslo »

today i am reading the 'beta version' thread very attentively,
trying to decide which version of xy to choose for a migration from my main v19.00.02.07
that i seemingly cannot use anymore because of the problem described in this topic

i hope that there will be admin's answers there (and in this topic too)

just a few words concerning xy's options: it could have been so good if (in serious cases) we always read xy-news written like here:
...Too smart, too annoying. If you still want the old behavior there is a new tweak: TreeExpandTargetFolder=1
or here:
..If you still want the previous behavior you can use this new tweak: MDBUAllowDragByThumb=1
these were the cases when we were getting the real choice
and no matter how bad/not convenient/strange a new feature was, we still could ignore it and switch to an old behavior

and i don't really understand why during some other very serious changes (that directly influence the way xy behaves, like the 'drag selection' change from this very topic) don't we have a new ini-option like: DragSelectionLikeExplorer=0 (with 1 by default)