Make Network Auto-Refresh default

Features wanted...
frank479

Make Network Auto-Refresh default

Post by frank479 »

I had been noticing that when I deleted files using XYPlorer on my network drives, they didn't go away but if I refreshed, then it would update. I thought it was odd and that maybe my Windows was getting a little unstable (it had been refreshing automatically for years) but the problem persisted for what I believe has been the last 3 months. So, I came on here, found a post in the forum that addressed by issue: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21020&p=173377&hili ... sh#p173377
where the admin suggested checking the following:
Configuration | General | Refresh, Icons, History | Auto-Refresh | Include network locations

Which did the trick. I'm only posting here to beg you to consider making that the default behavior (if you haven't already done so). I can't imagine anyone expecting to have to manually refresh a window as the default when you delete something. It never occurred to me to even think there'd be an option for that after it had been working a certain way "forever"- I just assumed it was broke. Obviously some people needed this feature and I'm sure their reasons are very valid, but why is it the default? I'd expect this particular delete-a-file-it-goes-away behavior to mimick Windows Explorer. What am I missing here?