Some changes I wish to see implimented for the app

Features wanted...
zennyzenchen

Some changes I wish to see implimented for the app

Post by zennyzenchen »

Hello there Mr Admin

Alright, I probably should have posted some of these in different sections of the forum but bear with me if at least this once, lol

..I wanted to post these sooner but i was offline and afterwards they were away from my mind

Hopefully you may consider implement these changes to make the app even better whenever you have the time. Okay

=========================================

* Seem as if when running the installer and one choose to not add the program's shortcut files to the start menu and afterwards go a step back, then next, the installer will forget that the item was unchecked thus creating the shortcuts even though it was not suppose to do so

========================================

* If the app is "running" and i launch a "folder" from the Desktop screen the folder will load in the "current tab" that I am using; which is okay.. but if the app is "closed" and I launch a folder the folder will be opened in a new tab. May we change this?

For reference:

Shell Integration settings

Using XYplorer as the default file manager (checked)

Permanent start up folder (Set)

Also, I believe it would be best to have an option to use permanent start up location only when in a specific tab

Example: Use only for tab number 3

==========================

* I notice whenever i right-click the left side of the tab titles i get a different menu list compared to when i right-click the right side in the tabs title area..
So.. I turn icons ON for tabs and i notice that the list i get that i do not want is when i right click on the area where the icon is in the tabs title...

It would be good if there is a way to disable this so only the list that show options to close/open new tabs and other stuff appear regardless of which side you use right click

Pics for reference:

https://ibb.co/J7YCfXc
https://ibb.co/vj28kgL

==================================

* Thumbnails

Zoom to fill
(Consider adding new option) >> Only for folders*

* The cover of a folder; folder thumbnails
That way we don't have to rebuild thumbnails for everything else but just for folder covers instead, if and when we ask to fill the area
===============================

* Use the first picture on the list name-wise

I know it is likely that if i name a pic with "folder" as the name it will most likely prioritize using that image as the folder thumbnail regardless but i do not really want it that way instead i would much rather if an image has a name like Anything and i rename it to 00_Anything and it goes up to the first in line on the list but for some reason sometimes the app chooses a different image to use as the folder thumbnail instead of that one, why is that? Why does it not just use the first item that is on the list?

Further checks reveal that the sorting for setting folder thumbnails is using a different logic than that of the sorting of items on a list, for instance..

Let's say i have some images in a folder with names:

00folder, 01-avril-lavigne, 81iHF5hMesL, avril-lavigne-29a, -Avril-Lavigne

Now on the "list" 00folders is shown first but -Avril-Lavigne is the image that is used as being first in line for the "folder thumbnail"..

I think it would be best to make both sortings match so we can be sure of the absolute item that will be used as the thumbnail icon based on where it is on the list name-wise

==============================
QUESTION

Also, why is it that `00folder - Copy.jpg is set to come before `00folder.jpg in the name sorting order?

Since even a space has to have a way to retain the data then why is it that when there is nothing else on the word `00folder it still does not come before the one with the space and more? :)

==========================

* Option to "hide" sort headers in all view types
This i feel will offer better space and prevent accidental clicking

===============================

* When initiating a search can we make it so it only says something like "Searching..." instead of all the other stuff (So basically option to not show search progress But can still show how to cancel search if the need be)

===================================

As always thanks for making this app, it's real good man :tup: