The folder background appears as a picture.

Features wanted...
xh5x74pul83O

The folder background appears as a picture.

Post by xh5x74pul83O »

In Windows XP system, you can set the background picture for the folder by setting the IconArea_Image value in the desktop.ini, but the system after Windows XP does not support customized background picture. Currently, many file managers do not read the IconArea_Image value of the desktop.ini and display the background picture in the list background of the software interface, which is very practical and cool,Can xyplorer add this function?

admin
Site Admin

Re: The folder background appears as a picture.

Post by admin »

It might be cool, but practical? How?

eil

Post by eil »

my guessing "practical" meant here "more customization" for "personalizing" locations.
and actually i'd give +1 for such ability, if it's not that hard to add. still XY it already quite colourful.
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, I think I'll give it a -1. :)

xh5x74pul83O

Post by xh5x74pul83O »

It is a pity that the author does not want to add this feature. I am also interested in software programming. It is not difficult to implement this feature. Who have the same idea of the post.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Hi there and belated welcome to the forum.

Your first post is a wish and the second one is a complaint that your wish doesn't seem to be granted.

If you look at a few of the other wishes on this forum and the discussion around them until they either got implemented or declined, you will see that there is usually a good discussion happening and if the wish seems to be of broader interest and not too much bloat it is usually implemented.

Just to give my 02. cents, I never missed an option to have background pictures according to a desktop.ini entry and would probably never use it myself, therefore bloat from my POV.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

dani

Post by dani »

A clear +1 from my side. I miss this feature since the Windows 98 days. It was such a nice visual confirmation to be in the right folder, or to see, "FolderX is just over there" with a glimpse. I created nice little logos which appeared just in a corner while in the folder. Often I made banners which just described the folder in a big font on the background. Back then it was a very useful thing, but suddenly it dissapeared. Of course, XYplorer is excellent without it, but I came here in the forum just to see if this feature exists. But to implement it just for 3 people would be insane. I'm more than happy with XYplorer either way!