Tab Shown After Search Close

Features wanted...
Dustydog

Tab Shown After Search Close

Post by Dustydog »

I don't know if this is a wish, or if I've messed up a setting.

It seems like when I used to do a search, when I closed the tab (either with the 'x' on the side or ctrl-w) that the tab where the search originated was the next tab shown after close. Currently, it's the following tab, which had nothing to do with the search.

I'd appreciate a little help if it's a setting, and I'd appreciate it if you'd consider it a little wish if it's something that could, in my opinion, use changing.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

nas8e9

Re: Tab Shown After Search Close

Post by nas8e9 »

You could try the settings in Tools > Configuration > Tabs > On closing the current tab. The likeliest candidate is Activate the last used tab.

klownboy

Re: Tab Shown After Search Close

Post by klownboy »

Look for the tab settings in Configuration > Tabs and Panes > Tabs. There are two settings which you should review:
- "Open new tab" Choices are : "At the end" or "Next to the current tab"
- "On closing the current tab" Choices here are: Activate the left tab, right tab, default tab or the last used tab.

On the latter you probably want the "Activate the last used tab" (or experiment with the others). The former option is probably already set to "Next to the current tab". Hopefully that solves your issue.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440