More eye candy/usability boost: per-pixel scrolling

Features wanted...
Marco

More eye candy/usability boost: per-pixel scrolling

Post by Marco »

I like the way you're paying attention to seemingly little details that are actually huge usability boost - I'm talking about the recent addition of highlights on hover.

There's one more thing that in my opinion would be awesome: the ability to scroll any list in XY per-pixel, and not just per-line. It's way easier for the eyes to track items when the move continuously, instead of jumping. I think it's enough of a good reason :)
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

admin
Site Admin

Re: More eye candy/usability boost: per-pixel scrolling

Post by admin »

I agree that per-pixel is nicer to the eyes although not "way easier". But there is also a disadvantage: The first line is mis-aligned most of the times. I would not like that...

BTW, I noted that in Explorer the Tree scrolls per-line, the List per-pixel. :)

Marco

Post by Marco »

admin wrote: 02 Dec 2019 08:32 I agree that per-pixel is nicer to the eyes although not "way easier". But there is also a disadvantage: The first line is mis-aligned most of the times. I would not like that...
Different people, different brains, different ideas of "way easier". I got it. And I get the "fear if the un-aligned" as well. But... Would it be technically possible? Without being too much of a huge effort? I bet DO does, and in thumbnails view looks great.
admin wrote: 02 Dec 2019 08:32BTW, I noted that in Explorer the Tree scrolls per-line, the List per-pixel. :)
The kingdom of inconsistence! :D
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's one of those feature that fascinate me as a coding excercise, so I guess I will give it a try... (but don't expect it too soon)

Marco

Post by Marco »

Yeah! Happy as a kid during Christmas time! Oh wait :mrgreen: