Image zoom option that fits oversized images to the screen, without affecting smaller images...

Features wanted...
ghost zero

Image zoom option that fits oversized images to the screen, without affecting smaller images...

Post by ghost zero »

Please add an image zoom option that fits oversized images to the screen, but keeps smaller images at their original 100% zoom. That way, we always see the entire image without the problem of upscale blurring on smaller images. You can call it "fit all (large only)" or "zoom to fit (large only)". And we should be able to quickly toggle between that and "original size".

NOTE: Web browsers already present images this way. As well as image viewers like XnView [example screenshot below]. So it is a very popular image zoom option that I wish XYplorer had.

Last edited by ghost zero on 13 Sep 2019 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Image zoom option that fits oversized images to the screen, without affecting smaller images...

Post by admin »

Where? (We have "Fit all" in FP, "Shrink to fit" in MDBU, and in Preview Panel it's like that always.)

ghost zero

Re: Image zoom option that fits oversized images to the screen, without affecting smaller images...

Post by ghost zero »

please add it to fullscreen mode and floating preview mode. i think those are the only two modes that need it.

i added an example screenshot from xnview to the first post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's called "Fit all" in Floating Preview and Full Screen Preview.

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

i'm already aware of the "fit all" option. but the problem is it also affects small images and enlarges them to fit the screen, causing upscale blurring. that is why i'm requesting a new "fit all (large only)" so it excludes small images from being resized.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Only if Zoom to Fit (Z) is ticked.

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

ok thanks for pointing that out! i wasn't aware that XY has a combo option like that. i was expecting XY to simply have dedicated image fitting options like xnview.

i think the advantage of xnview's approach of having dedicated image fitting options instead of comboing, is that it lets you set a preferred dedicated image fitting option that is used by default whenever an image is opened--something that i wish XY had. because sometimes you want to just change the image fitting option temporarily for the current image, and it would be convenient if it can auto reset back to your preferred image fitting option for the next image, without having to manually do it.

example screenshot from xnview...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think just pressing Z is way cooler.

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

with the current combo method that XY uses, can XY still add an option to choose the default image fitting option like i described in my previous post?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

See my previous post.