Custome context menu for scripts

Features wanted...
Ian

Custome context menu for scripts

Post by Ian »

There have been a few requests in the past to include user defined context menus when a particular folder or file type is selected. My own needs are simpler and consist of many actions being conducted upon one or a group of files for which (multi) script(s) have been created. Those are currently accessed with custom toolbar buttons containing context menus/sub menus linking to the necessary script/s. Access to the specific toolbar configurations often being managed by the session manager script.

UDC’s and keyboard shortcuts could be used but that entails continually switching between mouse and keyboard use, or significantly more keystrokes than mousework to achieve the same outcome.

So a suggestion is put forward for a standard context menu called ‘Scripts’, or some such to be created, under which script entries could form sub menu items in the same/similar way to that used in custom toolbar button context menus. These are unlikely to require changing very often, or only at application startup. If that is feasible could it be considered for the future. If it is already possible and I have missed the how, please advise.

Should any other users find it useful attached is a copy of a created image(png) used on my own custom toolbar button which provides access to both the sessions manager and layout manager. (Both excellent scripts)
Keep up the good work in providing this astonishingly flexible and useful application.
Attachments
XYSessions2.png
XYSessions2.png (3.17 KiB) Viewed 635 times

LittleBiG

Re: Custome context menu for scripts

Post by LittleBiG »

Right click on the file or folder, then choose "Open with...". The scripts should be set up in the Custom File Associations.