Control mouse wheel scroll increments?

Features wanted...
linike860

Control mouse wheel scroll increments?

Post by linike860 »

When working with images I often have XYplorer running with the maximum size thumbnails which is great, except when I scroll with my mouse wheel. It seems to me that XYplorer respects the windows setting for how many lines to scroll for each mouse wheel movement, but reinterprets it as how many thumbnails or tiles to scroll which is very frustrating when you have the max size thumbnails and each scroll movement moves a huge amount. If there were a separate option to control the increments that a mouse wheel movement makes, or even better if XYplorer treated the mouse movements as something more fine grain than the full tile in the list view (like the text height or something like that), that would make using large thumbnails so much better. Thank you for a great product!

novaj

Re: Control mouse wheel scroll increments?

Post by novaj »

Yes,thumbs scrolls too much on wheel,move little by little

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cannot reproduce the problem. If thumbs are very large (you see only 1 or 1.5 lines in the list) then the wheel scrolls just by 1 line. Seems alright.

novaj

Post by novaj »

I set thumbs sizes to 190x190,then on one scroll the 3'rd row goes to top

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's optimized so that with the minimal number of wheel turns you see the maximal number of items.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

admin wrote: 13 May 2019 10:51 It's optimized so that with the minimal number of wheel turns you see the maximal number of items.
I like it that way. Even though I have my Windows mouse scrolling set to 25 lines instead of pages now, I prefer to have thumbnails scrolling optimized. Such that when scrolling down, if the lowest row of thumbnails is not fully displayed, it becomes the upper row on the next turn of the wheel. :tup:
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

linike860

Post by linike860 »

I still really wish I had some control over this. I find it really jarring when a single scroll wheel movement moves me by an entire page. There are no other applications that I know of that have this behaviour and it annoys me every time. I just want it to move by a single line per mouse wheel movement.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote: 13 May 2019 10:51 It's optimized so that with the minimal number of wheel turns you see the maximal number of items.
Whoops, that was not totally correct. The number of lines per wheel notch is a system wide value that's currently used by XY. XY will not exceed this value even if more lines are visible in the view port.

Now, XY being a portable application I now agree with linike860 that this value should be configurable within XY. Coming with the next beta... :)

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

So I was a bit confused initially by this beta version 19.90.0112 (big surprise :) ). I left the new setting as "0". It appears everything works just as I want it in that the thumbnails still scroll the full page as we discussed earlier in this thread even though my Windows system setting is 20 lines. The 20 lines setting in the case of thumbnails make the scroll bump effectively larger than a page when you're in a large thumbnail view since each large thumbnail row is a "line" but as you stated we're not going to scroll larger than a page. So if someone wants to only scroll thumbnails 1 thumbnail row at a time, this new XY only setting works for them...and it does. Thanks.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440