Switch focus back to file pane after use Catalog.

Features wanted...
NS-Zero

Switch focus back to file pane after use Catalog.

Post by NS-Zero »

I accident delete item in Catalog sometime. I use Catalog to open file with some program. And sometime i want to delete file, I close program and press Del and Enter quickly then item in catalog is deleted.

Have any way to prevent delete item in catalog or switch focus back to file pane after use Catalog?

Thank you.

jupe

Re: Switch focus back to file pane after use Catalog.

Post by jupe »

Well I think this tweak should do what you are requesting:

SetFocusTo=2

for instructions on how to tweak: https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=tweak

but I just quickly tested it and it doesn't seem to be working properly currently, or it doesn't apply when you launch an external app (yet, at least) ?, it seems to work for filters/links etc, anyway maybe the developer might need to take a look at it.

highend

Post by highend »

Edit: jupe was faster.

Made a bug report: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20163&p=167717#p167717

Should be fixed soon...

@jupe: Just select a category (no external app starting involved) and it still doesn't switch back the focus
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

jupe

Post by jupe »

OK, well as you can see in the other topic the developer doesn't think that tweak should apply to all actions in the catalog, so below are a couple of workarounds if you are interested:

say for example if you had a a "notepad.exe" catalog entry, with a "Open selected list Item with Application" action, instead of selecting a file and then clicking the catalog entry, you can instead drag the file from the list and drop it on the catalog entry which will keep focus in the list. Another alternative is that if your entry is the same as the above example, you'd convert it to a script instead something like this: run "notepad ""<curitem>"""; focus; and change the action to "Go to Location", which will achieve the same. Or you could use Portable File Associations instead of the catalog.

NS-Zero

Post by NS-Zero »

Thank you for answer. :tup:
My problem is solved.