DPI scaling in multiple monitors

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Re: DPI scaling in multiple monitors

Post by admin »

There is nothing I can do at the moment. Documentation is scarce, DPI is buggy, it's a hit and miss. The current state is the best it can look.

Lusayalumino

Post by Lusayalumino »

I wanted to add to this post in case it might still be of help to anyone. Just bought a new computer with dedicated GPU (my last PC had integrated) -- everything worked PERFECTLY in my first attempt to migrate XYPlorer to a new computer -- except this strange DPI issue (my drop down menus were twice as huge as were my scroll bars, status bar, and title bar). Following the recommendations here, this was the perfect fix for me in Windows 10:

Rt-Click XYplorer.exe (for me it was C:\Program Files (x86)\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe) > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Change High DPI Settings > High DPI scaling override set to "System"

I hope this helps somebody else. Thanks so much to those of you who posted previously on this thread; I never would have figured this out!

As an FYI: both my computers were laptops, both Lenovos, and both had 1920x1080 screens; only difference was the dedicated graphics card.
XYPlorer, Great Form -- Awesome Function

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the tip! Both screens had different DPI settings? Or was that also the same?

Lusayalumino

Post by Lusayalumino »

Both monitors are identical (AOC 1080p) and both were set to 1920x1080 with 100% DPI Scaling.

Monitor 1: Mini DisplayPort to DVI (Utilizing GPU instead of CPU)
Monitor 2: HDMI to DVI (Utilizing GPU instead of CPU)

I can't remember if the issue was occurring on just one, or both monitors.
XYPlorer, Great Form -- Awesome Function