Dark mode: Let us set specific RGB values...

Features wanted...
ghost zero

Dark mode: Let us set specific RGB values...

Post by ghost zero »

I love the new dark mode feature! But please add the option to let us set specific RGB values for "background color" and "text color" instead of just selecting between the presets of "level of darkness" and "text contrast". This is important because I need my dark mode to match colors precisely with my existing theme of dark colors that I prefer for panes and text. Right now, with the limitation of the presets, I can only try to get close to my preferred RGB values but I'm unable to match them precisely and it greatly annoys me. Please improve this soon.

ghost zero

Re: Dark mode: Let us set specific RGB values...

Post by ghost zero »

After playing with dark mode some more, I found out that it is also shifting around the other colors that I customized for my existing dark theme, such as for panes, text, selection highlight, etc. I really don't like this behavior because I have very specific preferences for certain RGB values for my theme. So now I would like to request that you add options in the "colors" configuration to set specific RGB values to the newer parts of the UI that are now colorable with dark mode. So that we can custom make our own fully dark theme without having to use dark mode, and let our customized RGB color values be presented accurately as they were intended, with proper fidelity.

Leito

Post by Leito »

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

yes, i prefer the ability to set specific colors for dark mode, instead of just using a blanket setting that affects everything, which is also currently causing the annoying problem of shifting my other preferred colors that i've customized.