Columns Being Viewed Shortcuts

Features wanted...
Dustydog

Columns Being Viewed Shortcuts

Post by Dustydog »

I can't use the shift-mouse wheel shortcut for navigating left-right view of a detail pane. Currently the only reasonable way for me to navigate a thickly-columned details view is by grabbing the scroll bar on the bottom. Not ideal.

Perhaps shift-left arrow and shift-right arrow could move by a (tweak-able) accelerated amount? (Currently just using the right and left arrows are quite slow on a high resolution monitor.)

Shortcuts for leftmost column view and rightmost column view?

Shortcuts for move next unseen view to the right/left?

Or have I missed something?

jupe

Re: Columns Being Viewed Shortcuts

Post by jupe »

You may not consider this a perfect solution but if you are interested currently it is possible to bind something like the following to single shortcut keys via UDC if you wanted, or for example to left/right click actions on a CTB.

Code: Select all

focus; sendkeys '^{Right 100}';

Code: Select all

focus; sendkeys '^{Left 100}';
Adjust the 100 if it is still not enough.

PS: I agree horizontal scrolling is too slow, whether done via mouse wheel or arrow keys.

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

I appreciate your suggestion. I'm using it and may build on it a bit.

Wish there were a way of accessing the right-click menu for the horizontal scroll bars - they've got everything one could want - but too many precise clicks away to be very useful. Why didn't it occur to MS to make shortcuts for those? Would that be doable in AHK/AutoIT anyone? Just make shortcuts for horizontal page-right page-left based on the bar menu?

Well, I guess a bunch of right or left arrows it is, though I'm thinking of some alternatives if they're fast enough.

Unless somebody could figure out how to make VB6 do a nice, fast horizontal page right/left without taking too much time at it...?

Leito

Post by Leito »