Editconf - support OR in the filter

Features wanted...
LittleBiG

Editconf - support OR in the filter

Post by LittleBiG »

Please make it possible to use the boolean OR somehow in the filtering. This way I could get my necessary rows in one go using only one command. It would be like a logical group of settings to show together.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Editconf - support OR in the filter

Post by admin »

That would be quite an effort. I don't really understand the use of it. Why do you want to see particular rows at once?

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

It would help me to organize and see the settings and tweaks. My first action would be to collect my tweaks into one editconf, put into the catalog. When a new tweak is introduced, which is necessary to me, I would extend this. I would be able to check my tweaks easily, and change their state. Moreover, I have just set the shotgun filter, and this editconf would help me remember later (running this editconf) what prefix I set, even if I won't remember the name of the tweak. Also, setting them back if necessary.
The next action would be to create an editconf command for a different ini-file, I would group the display options which are important to me. Then I could show them at once, and I can change them quickly line by line without opening different menus and changing the settings in the software one after another.

Plus: isn't it possible that the filtering be similar to the regexp live filter (starting with ">")? A regexp filtering could solve my problem...

highend

Post by highend »

+1 (despite the effort)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, it's not too hard after all. :cup:

LittleBiG