Tag browsing

Features wanted...
xytrier

Tag browsing

Post by xytrier »

Hi all,
Perhaps what I’ll say is already available in XYplorer and I completely missed it. If not, here's my big wish for a future release:
Tag browser

In the same way that XYplorer has breadcrumb browsing for folders+files, would it be possible to create a tab which browses tags+files in a given drive/computer/folder?

As an example, let’s say we have 3 files (f1, f2, f3), tagged with 3 tags (T1, T2, T3)

f1 has 1 tag: T1
f2 has 2 tags: T1+T2
f3 has 3 tags: T1+T2+T3

At the tag root level, there are 3 tags T1, T2 and T3 and 0 files (as no tags were selected)
By selecting tag T2, at the next level there will be 2 tags (T1 and T3) and 2 files (f2 and f3)

If one now selects tag T3 (ie we’re inside T2>T3), there will be 1 tag (T1) and 1 file (f3)
Etc.

As far as browsing is concerned, tags could behave like folders in normal breadcrumb browsing (inside a tag [folder] there are other tags [folders] and files).

The breadcrumbs would show the selected tag path/structure.
The file tab would contain all files/folders meeting the current (combined) tag restrictions - ie it would look like a normal folder, only the contained files needn't be in the same physical folder, but share tags instead.

cheers,
Ze