Suppressing the progress dialog for the SC sync command

Features wanted...
klownboy

Suppressing the progress dialog for the SC sync command

Post by klownboy »

Hi Don, there doesn't appear to be any way to suppress the progress dialog associated the SC sync command. The question of running sync fully in the background has come up here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19333 I can run a sync in a second instance of XYplorer with a script like this:

Code: Select all

run "<xy> /new /win=tray /script=""::sync 'D:\original_folder', 'G:\sync_folder', 1, 0, 1;if(get('instance')=='2'){exit 'n';}""", , 2, 0;
   status "Sync operation completed successfully";
However the progress dialog comes up regardless of the options taken for the run or sync commands - (i.e., even when the new instance of XY is hidden). Instance 1 of XYplorer, if clicked on, will go on top of that sync progress dialog, but it would be better to not have the dialog at all for a true background operation.

Once the user has established the folders and options desired, we could build scripts to run syncing operations completely in the background (i.e., in a second instance of XYplorer). Syncing folders in a second instance works fine as it stands now, but not having the progress box come up would be ideal or another possibility would be to have the progress box only pop up when the syncing is complete. Note switch 'k' keeps the progress dialog open after the operation. A new switch possibility could be to only have the box come up only after completion of the operation or not at all. Thanks.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

Jim-W

Re: Suppressing the progress dialog for the SC sync command

Post by Jim-W »

+1, there's also something screwy with sync scripts compared to backup.

I say just make XYcopy able to run as standalone.

Thanks.

klownboy

Re: Suppressing the progress dialog for the SC sync command

Post by klownboy »

Shameless bump. :) Hi Don, could you take a look at this one. It would be nice to be able to do syncs completely in the background (in a second instance of XY), but it's not really possible without suppressing the dialog boxes. Thanks.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440