Dual Pane's columns & tabs

Features wanted...
pixelsearch

Dual Pane's columns & tabs

Post by pixelsearch »

Hi all,
When we clic on the Dual Pane button, the 2nd Pane's columns dont match with the 1st Pane's columns.
As we already spent a looong time configuring the columns we use (including column length), would it be possible to keep the same columns in both Panes, instead of displaying the default columns in 2nd Pane ?

Also it would be great if the 2nd Pane's Tabs match exactly the 1st Pane's ones, the actual folder displayed in Pane 1 being opened in Pane 2... too :)
Thanks for reading.

highend

Re: Dual Pane's columns & tabs

Post by highend »

Also it would be great if the 2nd Pane's Tabs match exactly the 1st Pane's ones, the actual folder displayed in Pane 1 being opened in Pane 2... too
Definitely not what I would want...

The solution is (as always) easy, write a script for that specific purpose
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

pixelsearch

Post by pixelsearch »

highend wrote:The solution is (as always) easy, write a script for that specific purpose
Not everybody is able to write scripts so what is "as always" easy for you maybe too difficult for others.
Anyway, forget it. I thought that a "Dual Pane" would simply be a duplicate of what is in Pane #1, instead of showing default columns or tabs.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

What would be the use of having an exact duplicate 2nd pane?
Re column layouts and such, you might want to read up on Folder View Settings (FVS) especially the parts about creating a default one.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)