CatalogAdd() Command

Features wanted...
murdock01

CatalogAdd() Command

Post by murdock01 »

What would be really nice (for me at least) would be a CatalogAdd (and conversely a CatalogDel) command. I uses that catalog extensively and every so often I clean and organize them. These commands would make this process easier as we cannot edit the DAT files directly to make mass changes. It would allow someone to script building catalog files. I also suppose with a catalogadd and delete command, assigned to a hotkey(s), one could use the catalog like a clipboard for all kinds of things.

The command could look like this:

CatalogAdd ("caption|Icon","Location", "Category", action, instance, applycolors, fore, back)

Caption | Icon = Caption and Icon of new entry

Location = This items data (location path, script,...)

Category = Category to add new item to. If no category exists with this name it is created

Action:
1 = Go To Location
2 = Open Item
3 = Open Selected List Item(s) with Application

Instance
1 = Single
2 = Multiple

ApplyColors = Yes/No

Fore / Back = Hex color codes for foreground and background colors

Any seconds?? Thoughts???

murdock01

Re: CatalogAdd() Command

Post by murdock01 »

I guess there is no interest in this.
Does anyone use the catalog? I use it to the point that I turn off the tree and have many catalog files that I can log depending on what I am doing. Thus the interest in a command to be able to build and/or edit the catalog scriptomatically.

BobCrash

Post by BobCrash »

Have you tried right-clicking on a category for the catalog context menu?? A lot of choices you may be looking for may be in there...

I'm using the catalog, like you, often w/o the tree now, and discovering a wealth of power in it. Try the 'tour' link on the support page on the web site for more info..

Bob Crash

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

If you read back, you will see that Don is reluctant to make Catalog sciptable. It always was a rather static part of XYplorer. There are so many other parts which can be controlled by scripts.

qkkza123

Post by qkkza123 »

i need it :idea: