Prevent Tabs from being Duplicated

Features wanted...
Moses

Prevent Tabs from being Duplicated

Post by Moses »

I have all my locked tabs on the left pane and sorta use the right pane for folders I don't access frequently. I'm using QAP to launch frequently used folders so I won't have to navigate around XYplorer every time.

The thing is, when I launch a locked folder and the right pane was most recently active, I get duplicate tabs.

Is there a way to open the locked tab instead of opening a new one regardless of which pane was the last one active?

highend

Re: Prevent Tabs from being Duplicated

Post by highend »

While this would be possible by letting QAP send an XY script, it wouldn't work without visible focus changing of panes (the tab command only able to operate on the current active pane's tabs...)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

highend

Re: Prevent Tabs from being Duplicated

Post by highend »

So, an example:
- Quit QAP
- Download the attached script file and place it in your XY scripts folder (do not rename it!)
QAP.xys
(1.46 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
- Edit the "QAPconnect.ini" file like this

Code: Select all

[XYplorer & XYplorerFree (v14.80)]
; http://www.xyplorer.com/
; http://www.xyplorer.com/free
; source: Roland Toth
AppPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe
Commandline=/feed="::perm $P_Path = '%Path%'; load 'C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\XYplorer\Scripts\QAP.xys';"
You have to adapt the path to XYplorer.exe if necessary!
You have to adapt the path to the QAP.xys file above as well (either fill in your real username for <your username> or use the correct path)!

- Start QAP

It should now behave like this: It favors the first found locked tab with the path chosen in QAP and if it doesn't find a locked tab with this path it will open it in the pane that was last active...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal