Wishing for a small change to the comment feature

Features wanted...
TeaCrab

Post by TeaCrab »

Hello, developers of XYplorer

I've tasked myself with a simple goal. To comment a list of number-named folders with descriptions in order to tell what they contain.

However, the default left-clicks behavior inside the "Comment" column is giving me quite a headache.

I expect to select with left clicks anywhere on the row, but now when I left click inside the comment column, it replaces the comment for the item on that row with the most recent comment I've created, destroying minutes of typing work I have done for previous comments and with no way to undo it. As the right-click context menu speaks: "Set Last Comment: getLastComment()". That's what happens when I left click inside the comment column. Same for the tag columns.

For now, I will have to be extra careful where I click. But I wish for an option to turn off this default behavior so users can use this feature without fearing of clicking in the wrong place. In my honest opinion, the comments feature is supposed to be used for things that are unique, where the tags feature is for marking the obvious and repetitive items. And there is no need to quickly add the same comment to multiple items.

The right-click context menu is fast enough for this task. The left click behavior for comments at the moment only jeopardizes the task I'd like to perform.

I hope this is not too much to wish for,
and thank you for this amazing application.

jupe

Re: Wishing for a small change to the comment feature

Post by jupe »

You can disable that function here:

Configuration | Information | Tags | Toggle tags by column click

TeaCrab

Post by TeaCrab »

Option to turn off the default left-click behavior in the "Comment" column.

I don't need to assign the same comment to multiple folders, and the fact that clicking on them will destroy the previous comments and there is no way to undo.

Sorry about the tone. I've politely typed a post just minutes ago, but it went missing,

TeaCrab

Re: Wishing for a small change to the comment feature

Post by TeaCrab »

Nevermind my previous reply.

My eyes are playing tricks on me. Thank you very much.