Some wishes I'll like to see in XYPlorer

Features wanted...
Calade

Some wishes I'll like to see in XYPlorer

Post by Calade »

Hi all,

these are some wishes i'll like to see:
- To view Drive letter before the drive label
- for network drives & file names, respect the case. For more readibility, all labels of my hard drives are in uppercase. When mounted (or plugged for an USB one) on my computer, they appear well in uppercase, but when linked to my network, they appear in lowercase and when remounted to my PC, I must modify them. Is it a problem of windows because this the same thing with Win Explorer. Along with this, if I rename a file via the network no uppercase are possible.
- Have the same font in the rename box
- totally deactivate the click to rename a file

all these things could be options of course to respect everybody.
It would be great if it would be possible
Thanks in advance

suslo

Re: Some wishes I'll like to see in XYPlorer

Post by suslo »

if i'm not mistaken, there's an unwritten rule in this section of the forum: 1 thread = 1 wish (or several but very-very related to each other)

speaking about your first wish: i have a related problem. it is not big (but essential to me). and i even made some kind of a work-around
i'll try to describe. there are several completely usual hdd's in my computer: C, D, E, F, G (5 physical drives, 5 partitions)
they have these labels: C, D, E, F, G
explorer displays them the way i want: C, D, E, F, G

in xy i don't have anything else in the tree, just 'My Computer' and these 5 drives (this is my customization, i like it this way)
drives are displayed as: Drive (C:), Drive (D:), Drive (E:), Drive (F:), Drive (G:)
but i always want to see them as: C, D, E, F, G

the working (but awkward) work-around is:
1) i set the "Ctrl+2" combination to the #482 command (refresh tree)
2) in a different useful program (not freeware) i defined the "Ctrl+2" to its "run keyboard macro" command
this command is related to my custom rule created in this program for the xy's main window
(window class: ThunderRT6FormDC) (window caption: XYplorer 19.00, substring match)

this way i have the "Ctrl+2" auto-pressed at each xy's launch. and this leads to the desired visual change: Drive (C:) becomes C...
and of course i would like xy to always show just hard drives' labels (without the necessity to manually/automatically refresh the tree at each xy's launch)

unfortunately, i'm very limited in this different program if we speak about rules for xy because many xy's sub-windows (that i'd really like to create rules for) just have this identical window caption: "XYplorer"
that's why i simply cannot distinguish these sub-windows between each other. they all have same window class and same window caption and same program's exe-file (xyplorer.exe)
the exe-file and the window class will be as they are anyway. but i believe that window captions could be easily changed to more appropriate captions. and i ask to implement it when the developer finds time on this not huge improvement

just 1 example: the "Edit item names" sub-window has the "XYplorer" window caption
if it had the desired and logical window caption ("Edit item names"), then i would have received the possibility to create my rules for this sub-window (like auto-moving, auto-resizing on its launch). in this case the rules are necessary because this sub-window does not remember its coordinates and its size (i always have to adjust them manually which is not good)

zakhar

Post by zakhar »

@suslo
Hi, suslo!
I do not know why do you write here about XY's internal windows moving (Calade did not write about it in his post),
but look here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18737
in the jupe's post 08 Jul 2018 03:22 - it works very good with CMDOW!
Using CMDOW so as jupe wrote you do not need to distinguish the xy's sub-windows between each other
since XY shows only one window at a time and you can pass the appropriate command each time XY must show an internal window.

Calade

Post by Calade »

Hi Suslo,
Thanks for your answer and sorry I didn't know this "unwritten" rule.

For your answer, I don't understand all your explanations. Both Explorer and XYPlorer displays my drives by alphabetical order of their labels NOT of those of their drive letters and I find that very annoying and not logical.

Thanks for your answer again.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Calade wrote:- totally deactivate the click to rename a file
Disable Menu > Tools > Customize List > Rename On Slow Double-Click.
(You may have to do this for each open tab. Or select Menu > View > Folder View Settings > Define this Folder View as Default.)
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

Calade wrote:- To view Drive letter before the drive label
It is not an XYplorer but a Windows setting. For Windows 10, create a batch file with the content below and run it. Restart XYplorer.

Code: Select all

@echo off
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /V ShowDriveLettersFirst /T REG_DWORD /D 4 /F
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
start explorer.exe

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

@LittleBiG thanks!