Auto Refresh Exception

Features wanted...
Millzey

Auto Refresh Exception

Post by Millzey »

I have 2-3 tabs in left pane very frequently in view with usually 100-1000 subfolders, and I have folder sizes displayed (cached), and some sort of custom column (script).

I am constantly modifying the contents of this folder by viewing subfolders in the other pane, or removing/modifying items in another program. Each time a filesystem change occurs, Auto Refresh recalculates (or reloads) all the folder sizes from cache which takes forever and I cant do anything else. I cant keep toggling Suspend Auto Refresh when I happen to have this folder in view, I want it on for what I'm doing in the other pane. Toggling the ghost filter also caused folder size refresh even when cached.

I'd like to have an Auto Refresh Exception/Toggle per folder, or at least have folder sizes that are cached not to be reloaded each auto refresh.

jupe

Re: Auto Refresh Exception

Post by jupe »

You can add an exception with the following tweak:

WatchIt=-c:\location

More instructions are in the ini file at that tweak location, it should help when modifying items in another program.

for instructions on how to tweak:
https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=tweak

Millzey

Post by Millzey »

KILLER!!!

XYP THE BEST THE BEST

1000 Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

While I'm here I can quickly paste the change log on this. It's a powerful and useful tweak:

Code: Select all

v16.00.0106 - 2015-11-22 16:40
    + Added tweak to fine-tune what is watched by Auto-refresh. If this tweak is 
      set it is processed before the following settings are processed:
        - Include network locations (Refresh, Icons, History - Auto-Refresh)
        - Include removable drives (Refresh, Icons, History - Auto-Refresh)
        - Refresh during file operations (Refresh, Icons, History - Auto-Refresh)
      The tweak value consists of a list of locations, separated by | (pipe). 
      XYplorer variables and environment variables are allowed here. To include 
      a location's subfolders suffix a * (asterisk). To exclude a location from 
      Auto-refresh prefix a - (minus). The list is processed from left to 
      right. The first match wins.
      For example:
        WatchIt=-%user%\Downloads|C:\*|-N:\*
      This would mean the following:
        1) -%user%\Downloads = exclude path %user%\Downloads from Auto-refresh.
        2) Include anything on drive C: in Auto-refresh.
        3) Exclude anything on drive N: from Auto-refresh.
      Use Case:
        Windows sometimes does not recognize a removable drive as removable. 
        This will trick XYplorer into watching this drive even if you turned off 
        "Include removable drives". When you now try to eject the drive it will 
        be locked by XYplorer and refuse ejection.
        This simple tweak can work around this Windows issue, assuming the drive 
        letter is N. It will suspend Auto-refresh when you browse any folder on 
        this drive:
          WatchIt=-N:\*