idea, tree collapse [<] <-> [>]= [±]

Features wanted...
CompSystems

idea, tree collapse [<] <-> [>]= [±]

Post by CompSystems »

hello, the first part of the tree appears the COMPUTER icon, the idea of putting a previous icon before the icon [<] COMPUTER ,with the purpose of hiding the whole tree and visualizing the list of files so that it occupies the full width of the screen, after collapse would show an inverse icon for recover the tree [>] COMPUTER

the [<] [>] buttons will have the same function as the status bar button [v] [^]

this same idea could be applied when there are two file panels, that is to temporarily hide one of them and expand the other

Good idea?

PD: about the behavior of the [±] catalog button, I think the tree should full expand as there is a blank space without any function

RalphM

Re: idea, tree collapse [<] <-> [>]= [±]

Post by RalphM »

You can achieve the same functionality already just with adjusting view settings either by menu or toolbar button, so nobody keeps you from scripting your wish somehow and make it accessible via shortcuts, tb buttons or the like.
A few things to look at:
- Window Show Tree & Show Catalog
- Dual Pane / Single Pane buttons in TB
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Re: idea, tree collapse [<] <-> [>]= [±]

Post by admin »

I frequently use F8 (toggle) if I want to see the list only. And F8 takes space on the keyboard only, not on the screen.