Making Duel Pane easier to use

Features wanted...
aurumdigitus

Making Duel Pane easier to use

Post by aurumdigitus »

Has this ever been considered? When in the Dual Pane mode instead of moving Tabs around by Menu | Panes |Move Tab To Other Pane (etc) simply implement Drag and Drop functionality. :?: :appl:

highend

Re: Making Duel Pane easier to use

Post by highend »

Mh? I'm moving tabs around (from pane to pane) in dual pane mode all the time?
drag_tab.gif
drag_tab.gif (98.48 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Good morning,
I use Dual Panes all day and move tabs back and forth between them via Drag and Drop. I don't recall a special setting that had to be enabled, pretty sure you just, well, drag and drop them. Best part is the little indicator when you are dropping them.

aurumdigitus

Post by aurumdigitus »

Love your animation!
It is not working on this Desktop computer. Is it possible there is some obscure setting blocking this action?
This comes up now as only recently have gotten into Dual Panes in a big way.

highend

Post by highend »

Does it work with a fresh instance? I'm not on a computer atm to check xy settings...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Couple of days ago I had a strange issue when firing up another program: all of its columns were visible (only a few were expected) and I couldn't by no means disable the unwanted ones.

Yesterday, made another try: columns were responsible again.

OS issue? Bad memory handling (OS, again)? The program were fired up after a newer issue were in use, minutes before. Can this be the program's fault or again... OS to be blamed?

\OS: win 8.1

Food for your brain.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

aurumdigitus

Post by aurumdigitus »

To highend - yes it did work with a Fresh Instance! After some head scratching decided to try a cold boot (likely the first one this year). Now it works. Damn peculiar.
While we're here is there an easier way to clear the toolbar button's MRU than by going through Configuration and unchecking Save Setting Apply To Tabsets?

aurumdigitus

Post Script

Post by aurumdigitus »

As long as this software has been my File Manager (10 years) seldom does a week transpire without acquiring a new operational detail.

Maybe I'm a slow learner, getting old or possibly some combination of the two. :mrgreen: