Session Manager in Xyplorer

Features wanted...
sysyfry

Session Manager in Xyplorer

Post by sysyfry »

hi,

On the forum there are a script call Session Manager, now it's "Session Manager [v5.2]"

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8691&hilit=Session+ ... 989#p77539

:arrow: why not integrate this into the next official xyplorer release :?: :!: :P

because it' great, because we need support / translation / we need it in futur xyplorer,
because we need something more powerfull than only the tabsets, we need sessions,
Session Manager can keep the tabs, but also the layout, that mean the session, autosave the session, quick select/save/delete the session, tabs in both pane, load/save many toolbar,

I mean it's good, it can be improved of course, you should integrate it by default in xyplorer ! :)

thank you

xyplorerköln

Re: Session Manager in Xyplorer

Post by xyplorerköln »

I would like to second sysyfry's request.

I enjoy the flexibility and script-oriented aspects of XYplorer, but the Session Manager provides what I consider to be "core functionality" when it comes to utilizing tabsets.

When I first started using XYplorer, one of the biggest issues for me was: How do I create full "work environments" quickly without having to manually open a bunch of menus and manually keep track of dozens of individual panes' tabs? I think a lot of the users who seek XYplorer to solve their work problems are the same users who would ask similar questions.

Of course, Session Manager largely solves this problem - but it requires digging around through forums and is a secondary solution. Plus, the user then has to remember to maintain updates of this script in addition to other items. If Session Manager (or similar) functionality were built-in, it would save a lot of hassle.

FluxTorpedoe

Re: Session Manager in Xyplorer

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Thanks to both of you for your interest in Session Manager! :D

Personally, I wouldn’t mind at all if (or when) it’s integrated into XYplorer, obviously in a cleaner and more streamlined way.
That being said, I guess It won’t be too soon considering the endeavor to migrate XY to .NET.

In the meantime, I’ll try to keep it updated as best as I can! (Well, better than during the last few months anyway.)
So feel free to report bugs or suggest features in its main thread!