Title bar text makes voice control difficult

Features wanted...
kkkwj

Title bar text makes voice control difficult

Post by kkkwj »

Hi, I use voice control to switch among programs with Dragon Naturally Speaking. It's a touchy process at the best of times. Dragon must recognize my words (difficult with a name like XYplorer), translate that into one or more defined words in the known vocabulary, and then try to get a match on the title string from the title bar to make the focus switch.

Let's say that the xyplorer title string is "very dynamic" -- the contents change with every move because of the front part: "Search E:\Dropbox - E:\Dropbox - XYplorer 18.60." So, if Dragon (or other software under the hood) can't get an exact match to the title string (which is never), then the VBA implementation tries to get a trailing match on the string.

Even this is difficult with xyplorer, since the version number is always changing in the trailing string. Every time I upgrade the voice match disappears, the vocabulary words must be redefined, and the trailing match becomes difficult (at a minimum, frustrating and tedious).

It would be very helpful if you provided an option to keep the title bar simple and static to enable better support for voice control. Ideally, it would be nice to provide an extra option to insert a more pronounceable word in the string to enable a more reliable match. Thank you

highend

Re: Title bar text makes voice control difficult

Post by highend »

Em?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18285

and you can always change the window title if necessary...
XY_Window title changer.zip
(58.75 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Put it in a non UAC protected folder, extract it. Start it once.
It will change the windows title of the frontmost XYplorer instance to "XYplorer"
Additionally it creates an .ini file in the same directory.
Change the Title=...
to whatever you want it to be
Run the .exe again...

And if you need this every time, start XY with a /script=... where you run the .exe with it...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal