Immediate Save To Disk

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Immediate Save To Disk

Post by admin »

Well, this will not prevent the children from destroying the system. It just protects XY's configuration. :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I wonder if I should add two commands to the File menu (probably under submenu Settings Special):

Start Fresh Instance
Start Read-Only Instance

Hm?

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Thanks for the new command line switch. :D

Adding the new commands could be helpful for support purposes, but I'm not sure wether burying it under a special submenu is really helpful.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Filehero wrote:Adding the new commands could be helpful for support purposes, but I'm not sure wether burying it under a special submenu is really helpful.
I don't want make the top menu even longer. And they would fit there: One does not read the settings, the other does not write them.

jupe

Post by jupe »

Thanks for this new read only flag I think I will use it a lot, I especially like that it can be combined with /win= so read only instances open in a different window position, one very minor thing I noticed that may be unavoidable, but I still thought I would let you know about, is that when you start a fresh; instance the File | Exit (Saving) turns into Exit (Without Saving) but in read only mode it still shows Exit (Saving).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Agreed, will change that.

Well, OTOH the Read-Only mode should read all settings as they are and truthfully report them in the GUI. There are many places that say "save" in Read-Only mode but won't do that. So I think it's all in all more consistent to keep "Exit (Saving)". Although it is surely confusing... :eh: