(Search)Palettes

Features wanted...
Filehero

(Search)Palettes

Post by Filehero »

Hi Don,

don*t know wether you've heard/read about those UI components called Palletes.

I think they are a very nice improvment for the keyboard afficionados. They let you very quickly get the target out of huge haystack.

Short description
UI-wise,basically they're nothing more than borderless-popups without any buttons performing different kind of real-time searches with the result list shown below for quick selection (and selection by <enter>).

In my dreams, for XY I would like to have one for
- all commands (fuzzy search just like the Jump in the configuration), on selection+<enter> the command is run
- all (multiline) scripts (files) below <xyscript> (fuzzy name search), on selection+<enter> the script is run (maybe opened with <modifier>-<enter>).

Example for Atom editor

Cheers,
Filehero

bdeshi

Re: (Search)Palettes

Post by bdeshi »

Eh. Help | List all commands?
An extension of Help | List all commands.
Although, a lean dropdown UI with fuzzy search will be very cool. (Personally, I'd like this as a searchbox on the menubar.)

And extend it to inputselect and you can make a script yourself for listing <xyscripts>
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

SammaySarkar wrote:Although, a lean dropdown UI with fuzzy search will be very cool.
Yes, the real added value is this fuzzy/fast search.

After having using this stuff for quite a while I have become a convert, coming from "what, I should use this search box to get access to all the app functions" to "cool, I know there is one place in the center where I can define a context (shortcut) and will find everything in a fraction of a second". Quite handy and nifty.

Leito

Post by Leito »

Filehero wrote: 04 Oct 2017 17:27Yes, the real added value is this fuzzy/fast search.
You might be interested in this.