Toggle View/Thumbnails User Defined Size #n & Retain Last Tab Setting

Features wanted...
Zardoz2293

Toggle View/Thumbnails User Defined Size #n & Retain Last Tab Setting

Post by Zardoz2293 »

To improve end-user workflow, requesting:

1. End-User feature under options sets Thumbnail Size #n is used as Default for the toolbar button "Toggle View/Thumbnails"

2. End-User feature under options sets behavior of "Toggle View/Thumbnails" to use either current behavior or "retain last Thumbnail Size #n Used for Each Tab"

I've been using XY for years and this is one that keeps me up at nights, not really, but seriously, it is a workflow inhibitor. It may not be your workflow, but having would enhance the existing capability and allow power to each end-user to configure behavior as works best for them.

Thanks for your serious consideration. I'd be willing to sign an NDA, etc. and implement the changes myself following your exact coding specifications (I'm expert at VB6).
Computer/Systems Background = Expert | Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720

diannelamerc

Re: Toggle View/Thumbnails User Defined Size #n & Retain Last Tab Setting

Post by diannelamerc »

Having just hit the forums myself looking for this (particularly #1), I'd like to second the request. :tup:

jupe

Post by jupe »

For #1, if I am understanding you correctly you just want a button that toggles between Details View and a user defined thumbnail size? if that is so, then you could do it like the custom button below, it still has the same right click menu as the normal button too, to try it just enter snippet; in the address bar and paste the following to add a new button to the far right of your toolbar:

Code: Select all

Snip: CTB 1
  XYplorer 19.10.0000, 12/7/18 11:34:43 AM
Action
  NewUserButton
Name
  Toggle Thumbnails
Icon
  :viewthumbs
ScriptL
  if get("view") == 0 { 
      //#306; // Thumb1
      //#307; // Thumb2
      #308; // Thumb3
    } else { #302; /*Details*/ }

ScriptR
    button "viewthumbs", 2;
FireClick
just uncomment/comment the thumbnail view line you want, 1,2,3. The script could be improved it was just a quick example, if I am understanding your wish properly.

diannelamerc

Post by diannelamerc »

Perfect!

I only know just enough coding to get myself into trouble. I appreciate it! ;-)
Been using the registered version for years now; just starting to take time to play around with some of the more advanced features when I get the time. So I may well be on here periodically... like when I've, uh, broken something... :oops: :? :roll: