PDF Preview

Features wanted...
Stretto

PDF Preview

Post by Stretto »

Be able to preview pdf's in the preview pane.

highend

Re: PDF Preview

Post by highend »

Install a pdf viewer that brings a 32-bit preview handler, like PDF-XChange Editor or Sumatra?
And no, Adobe Acrobat isn't a viable solution...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

pat55

Post by pat55 »

Yeah I did that and neither works!
You should know that by now - right!
p

highend

Post by highend »

I should know that Stretto did that already? Interesting. Why?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Stretto

Post by Stretto »

Um, surely I would have a pdf viewer installed. Yes, I have sumatra and acrobat installed. If it's suppose to be working, it isn't.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Now the next question would be which one of the two is your default pdf viewer?
If it is Adobe than it might be worth to change the default to Sumatra and see whether that changes anything.

You're not very forthcoming with information relevant to the problem so it might take longer to find a solution.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Stretto

Post by Stretto »

Actually, I just don't like generic tech support answers that never work because they are too specific to the tech supports on personal experience, which rarely translates to reality.

Proof? Yes, sumatra is my default viewer, I rarely use acrobat except when I need to edit something. So, what is the next hoop you want me to jump through? Make sure you add some condescending ego in there too. Maybe you could set the hoop on fire? That would surely make things better. Or are you simply going to ask me to clear out my internet explorer browser cache, as that surely is the problem?

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

You seem to forget that (apart from Don) we are all just fellow XYPlorer users who don't mind "wasting" some of our time to help others solve their problems. But then there needs to be a certain display of respect towards the people who try to help you and to be honest your attitude in the last post didn't nurture my desire to try and help you any further, sorry!
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

RalphM wrote:...
Seems it wasn't just this last post, so +1

I hope Stretto just had a bad day :beer:
Win11 Pro 223H2 Gerrman

pat55

Post by pat55 »

About a year ago I had this problem with my paid version of PDF-XChange Editor ($80 or so).
I worked with the staff there and went through the gymnastics of altering a bunch of PDF files to display previews correctly - for one folder.
His name is Patrick Charest and he can tell anybody exactly what the problems and solutions are - perhaps they may even have this
incorporated into their paid PDF version by now.
In addition I did a google and found a few free programs that supposedly would also fix the problem.
This whole thing is more of a constant minor irritation than a necessity - for me. Yes I would like to have it fixed in XY.

Others here, either deny there is a fixable problem or do not want to take the time for this item in a long to do list.
A lot of things are being done with XY but there no doubt also has to be a priority list.
Keep the faith - one of these days Don will surprise us :-)
pat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is there anybody out there that got the PDF preview working with Adobe Acrobat installed?

So when running this script through the address bar...

Code: Select all

text get("previewhandler", "pdf");
... you would get something like this:

{DC6EFB56-9CFA-464D-8880-44885D7DC193}
Adobe PDF Preview Handler for Vista
@C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\pdfprevhndlr.dll,-101