Bulk color value changes via XYplorer.ini...

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bulk color value changes via XYplorer.ini...

Post by admin »

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

so you are telling me to just use a converter. can you at least tell me what are the names of the color systems i'm converting between?

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

ghost zero wrote:so you are telling me to just use a converter. can you at least tell me what are the names of the color systems i'm converting between?
I'd think it's not about (converting) color systems, but converting decimal to hex.
Win11 Pro 223H2 Gerrman

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

do you know where i can find such a converter? any good websites for it?

jupe

Post by jupe »

I hacked together this script, it is mostly not my work, but if you are interested here it is, it does conversions both ways, single item at a time though, but you should be able to modify it to do them in bulk if you want. I didn't bother cleaning up the code, I only made it functional. (AFAICT)

Code: Select all

"HEX2Dec"
	$a = input("Hex color",, "B8B4B1");
	echo hextodec(substr($a, 4, 2) . substr($a, 2, 2) . substr($a, 0, 2));

"Dec2HEX"
	$vbs = <<<>>>
  			InputList = WScript.Arguments.Unnamed(0)
  			splitList = split(InputList,"*")
  			for each x in splitList
  				toHex = Hex(x)
  				convList = convList & "*" & toHex
  			next
  			convList = Mid(convList,2)
  			WScript.Echo convList
>>>;
	writefile("%TEMP%\dec2hex.vbs", $vbs);
	$a = input("Dec color",, "16710133");
	$a = runret("cscript %TEMP%\dec2hex.vbs $a //nologo");
	echo substr($a, 4, 2) . substr($a, 2, 2) . substr($a, 0, 2);
	delete 0, 0, "%TEMP%\dec2hex.vbs";
There are probably better ways to achieve this, but I just cobbled this together anyway, if it is of any help to you.

PS: Where the code came from: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11659#p104440

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

i'm not familiar with using scripts. is there an easier way? are there any good websites that have such a converter?

RAMWolff

Post by RAMWolff »

admin wrote: 28 Aug 2018 09:46 When I add the Dark Theme, I will also add the option to save, load, and share any number of user-defined themes.
Very very interested in the Dark Theme as well. Old eyes like dark slate background and off white fonts if that's the plan. Too stark can be just as stressful to the eyes so please keep that in mind. I've tried to make my own dark theme but the way things are set up currently the dark theme I made affects only ONE folder view at a time, not what I had in mind.

Thank you! :biggrin:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RAMWolff wrote: 02 Dec 2018 03:10 Very very interested in the Dark Theme as well. Old eyes like dark slate background and off white fonts if that's the plan. Too stark can be just as stressful to the eyes so please keep that in mind. I've tried to make my own dark theme but the way things are set up currently the dark theme I made affects only ONE folder view at a time, not what I had in mind.
... only ONE folder view at a time? Not completely sure what you mean but sure that you can do better than that. The current version lets you configure quite a lot of colors, and when you work at home and like all your apps dark then you can go 100% dark with XYplorer already now via system settings plus some XYplorer config. When I said I plan to add a Dark Theme, I was just thinking of portable usage. For home usage there is nothing that could stop you from having it already now. Somewhere in this forum there is a beautiful screenshot of a 100% dark XYplorer to prove it.

RAMWolff

Post by RAMWolff »

Wish there were themes that could be applied to the home user's XYplorer then.... I did figure out how to make it all go dark by the way but the UI is still bright white.... Be nice to have that go dark too! Too much of a contrast.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bright white? Check out this:
viewtopic.php?p=154012#p154012