Highlight on Live filtering & toggle

Features wanted...
Millzey

Highlight on Live filtering & toggle

Post by Millzey »

While I thouroghly enjoy the new Live Filtering, I feel the need to toggle it on and off. Is there a way to do this with a command # or with a scripting function?

When using the Live Filtering, I'm finding I miss the highlighting that Type Ahead Find has with it disabled. With Live Filtering and a long list of long filenames I need to see the matches highlighted in the list as with Live Filtering disabled.

Millzey

Re: Highlight on Live filtering & toggle

Post by Millzey »

How about a shortcut key "modifier" to enable live Live Filter, such as holding SHIFT - or either the opposite, hold the modifier to temporarily disable the the Live Filter when using Type Ahead Find

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Millzey wrote:While I thoroughly enjoy the new Live Filtering, I feel the need to toggle it on and off. Is there a way to do this with a command # or with a scripting function?
Use #675; to toggle the live filter box. The applied filter will not be remembered though. There is also the "filter" scripting command - set flag param to 8 to apply live filters. You can probably use this with permavars to remember and toggle the last filter.
Millzey wrote:How about a shortcut key "modifier" to enable live Live Filter, such as holding SHIFT - or either the opposite, hold the modifier to temporarily disable the the Live Filter when using Type Ahead Find
+1 to temporary TAF. If only for quickjumping to items starting with some character[s].
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

SammaySarkar wrote: Millzey wrote:
How about a shortcut key "modifier" to enable live Live Filter, such as holding SHIFT - or either the opposite, hold the modifier to temporarily disable the the Live Filter when using Type Ahead Find

+1 to temporary TAF. If only for quickjumping to items starting with some character[s].
Same here. I'm yet to find a reason why the list completely loses focus when a filter is applied... :roll:

re: "highlighting": it's one of the reasons why I ditched Firefox in favor of a chromatic one, as the latter not only does an efficient highlighting job on the view pane as well as it builds a navigational map thru which a quick contextualized hit is always possible, so useful I wrote a few multi-items-related "highlighters".
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...