Docked custom copy

Features wanted...
Leito

Docked custom copy

Post by Leito »

I often find it annoying that we have to have a additional window opened when copying some files (using custom copy or not).

That's why I'd like to see an improvement for custom copy: dock the window on the main XYplorer window, for instance on the Info panel. The panel could open automatically when the copy starts, then close automatically when the copy stops (or stay open if the panel was previously open).

That would be neat also if the copy progress was displayed in a progress bar next to the background jobs icon, so you could still see the progress if you close the Info panel. The progress bar should also be displayed on the main XYplorer taskbar icon, as XYplorer does fine on its Custom Copy taskbar icon since a few versions.

Something like that:

Of course this panel should be able to display several copies made at the same time, and XYplorer should not hang while the copy(ies) is (are) in progress.

Let me know what you think, good or bad idea?

Leito

Re: Docked custom copy

Post by Leito »

No love for my suggestion? :(

highend

Post by highend »

I like it :)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

neil9090

Post by neil9090 »

Nice idea, I guess XYcopy.exe is already communicating with XY when new background jobs are created so hopefully this wouldn't be to difficult for Don to implement, although keeping XY up to date may slow it down (probably not by much)