Auto-optimize tree when switching tabs

Features wanted...
ChristianRR

Auto-optimize tree when switching tabs

Post by ChristianRR »

-Auto-optimize tree when switching tabs (collapsing all branches except the one for current tab)

Borut

Re: Auto-optimize tree when switching tabs

Post by Borut »

Maybe the undocumented unofficial tweak

Code: Select all

AutoOptimizeTreeRadical=1
is what you are looking for. I am using tabsets and tabs extensively and could not live without this option.
Win 10 Pro 64bit

ChristianRR

Post by ChristianRR »

Borut wrote:Maybe the undocumented unofficial tweak

is what you are looking for. I am using tabsets and tabs extensively and could not live without this option.
It works. Thanks! :appl:

Folgore101

Post by Folgore101 »

Thank you so much, i was looking for a solution and your suggestion function perfectly.

eil

Post by eil »

can smb please remind me if there is a way to fast toggle tweaks with some sc-command(>custom button), or was i dreaming remembering smt like this was in the past?!
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

highend

Post by highend »

Fast toggling? Not without a XY restart...

setkey the value and restart XY without saving it's config is just a few lines script
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

xyplorerköln

Post by xyplorerköln »

Folgore101 wrote:

Thank you so much, i was looking for a solution and your suggestion function perfectly.
I know it's been mentioned before, but I'd like to see the TreeRadical option in the Configuration GUI. The current label and rollover tip leads a user like me to think that by setting the option "Auto-optimize tree," XYplorer will simply autocollapse all nodes but one, which isn't what happens.

Instead of just the current option: "Auto-optimize tree," the functionality represented by that current option could be re-labeled "Auto-optimize tree for active tree node only". Then another checkbox could be added called "Auto-optimize tree" which would actually set AutoOptimizeTreeRadical=1. Neither of these options would be checked by default. Sitting next to each other, the difference would be clear and wouldn't be too cluttering.

So the options would then be:

□ Auto-optimize tree
□ Auto-optimize tree for active tree node only

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have the impression that the majority of folks who use Auto-optimize tree actually expect the radical behavior of AutoOptimizeTreeRadical=1.

a) So I think I will set this as factory default:

b) Or maybe even hard-code it?

If you are an Auto-optimize tree user, what's your opinion?

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I've had AutoOptimizeTreeRadical set at 1 since you came up with it and never seen any reason to change it. I don't see any reason not to have it hard coded or at least the default.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

Borut

Post by Borut »

In my case, I want radical tree optimization since I am a heavy user of tabs and tabsets at the same time. Also, I do not use mini tree. I have no idea if this combination is spread among users. A colleague of mine needed it too, however.

So, if I were you Don :) I would not hard code it, just to be on the safe side. And actually I would also be afraid of making it 1 as a factory default without bringing it up to GUI at the same time.

Although now there is this really fantastic SC editconf, which would simplify support, I think that propagation of AutoOptimizeTreeRadical to GUI would not be a bad idea (and changing the factory default at the same time).
Win 10 Pro 64bit

yusef88

Post by yusef88 »

klownboy wrote: 25 Nov 2018 13:14 I don't see any reason not to have it hard coded or at least the default.
+1

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great, thanks for the quick feedback! :tup: