I Wish Don a Long and Happy Life - And a Continued Obsession with Improving his already Deep and Excellent XY

Features wanted...
Dustydog

I Wish Don a Long and Happy Life - And a Continued Obsession with Improving his already Deep and Excellent XY

Post by Dustydog »

The recent upgrades are great, and sometimes just make me smile like a new present. Though in some ways often quite small, for example: The live filtering thing recently, which is oh so typical of Don's development - useful, easy-to-use, intelligently chosen, and extremely unlikely to be buggy.

I've been donating lately by buying licenses for family members (who may or may not use them) as presents - you help mitigate my irritation at Adobe with that amazing lifetime license! And it's fun to be able to provide little scripts to help family automate something repetitious and ease some of those semi-Luddites into going, "This is easy, wow!". (I wish I were in highend's, and others', league, but I'm still useful as a beginner - thanks to Don's great design work - and the community here.) A quick example of just plain easy that could have been irritating design work is the simple, easily-overlooked "Jump to Setting" button in the configuration window; it works cleanly and quickly, and he thought to include it. (Just used it to activate the New Live filters features, so it came to mind.)

So, my biggest wish is that Don and his XY obsession outlive me :appl: And that he be rewarded both financially and with a feeling of great satisfaction - that he feels appreciated by his customers for just showing up every day and going to work, which I think he must due to the incredible level of engagement and positive feedback here from this great community. At least for me, Don, you've made so much of what I do on a computer so much faster - and more than that, I'm not irritated in the "Why the hell don't they just...." manner of so much other software, Windows 10 being the biggest offender. I have fun messing with my data - never would have thought that - it sometimes feels like a game.

Huge thank you for everything you do, Don.

:mrgreen: Live long and prosper!

rclkrtrzckr

Re: I Wish Don a Long and Happy Life - And a Continued Obsession with Improving his already Deep and Excellent XY

Post by rclkrtrzckr »

There's one thing missing in this forum:

The LIKE button (or ME TOO, whatsoever)

:appl: :tup:

jadinolf

Re: I Wish Don a Long and Happy Life - And a Continued Obsession with Improving his already Deep and Excellent XY

Post by jadinolf »

That would be very nice. :)
This post printed on 100% recycled bytes
Windows 10 on six computers

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The whole internet is your like button. Talk about XY everywhere. That's the best you can do for me. :tup:

kamprint

Post by kamprint »

Agree completely with these wishes -- XYplorer is a superb product, extraordinarily useful, and at the same time a continual discovery as I learn new features and incorporate them into my standard usage. Many thanks to Donald Lessau for his very fine work.