Find Files: highlight the "type" field if it's not "All types"

Features wanted...
mwb1100

Find Files: highlight the "type" field if it's not "All types"

Post by mwb1100 »

I use the "Find Files" tab in the Info Panel quite often - it's one of the best things about XY. 99% of the time, the Type drop down selection on the "Name & Location" tab is set to "All types". But occasionally I'll set to a specific type to narrow down the search (of course: that's what it's for).

The problem is that the setting will get left that way for the next search, and I'll forget. So the next time I search for something I'll wonder why I'm not finding things that I know are there. It will take a few minutes of scratching my head and trouble shooting before I figure out it's because the search is restricted to text files or something.

So I'd like to put in a feature request that the Types field be highlighted somehow when it's set to something other than "All types". The highlight could be by coloring the field, adding some asterisks to the text, adding a checkbox to indicate whether it's active or not. I don't know what might be best - I just would like my attention drawn to that area if it's going to restrict the search.