Extra tags - Percentage

Features wanted...
Marco

Extra tags - Percentage

Post by Marco »

Could this type of extra tag be added? A value that shows how much of something has been done (reading a paper, developing a project, and so on), perhaps styled as a bar like the one showing used space/free space remaining on This PC view? A good combo with CC icons, since such "native" tag could then be styled with different icons (like battery charge on smartphones...).
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

SkyFrontier

Re: Extra tags - Percentage

Post by SkyFrontier »

Hello, Marco!
Unless you're talking about a rating system like "Rating Stars", which offers the extra convenience of being displayed in the context menu (for the mousey people), why the current scripting support doesn't suffice here?

Due to some graphical limitations* (see far below for a proper note), this is coded to deal with 1/20 steps (0.5/10).
bar_numbered.png
bar_numbered.png (41.29 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
bar_blank.png
bar_blank.png (38.43 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
Please set the variable '$nmbrd' as '1' to get numbered prefixes, anything else to get just the progress bar.

Some considerations:
-wouldn't be about time to expand the number of extra columns?
-get() seems to not support extra columns: while extratag() and columnlayout() allow script interference, get() would be the manner to allow such info retrieval as extratag() seems to permit such only after a manipulation, right?
-draw.* is just the perfect match here!
-*draw.bar would be just awesome to allow increments of 1 between a 1-100 value, thus a real progression since AFAICT there's no reasonable ASCII equivalent which could be used instead.
-status() could benefit of draw.*, either, so a serious progression bar could be made.
Attachments
HatingSystemForExtraColumn1.xys
yes, a hating (sic) system!
(3.69 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

Marco

Post by Marco »

Hi there, sorry for the later reply!
Scripting could suffice, but I'm looking for something easier (as it should be): throwing in a percentage, or a number between 0 and 1, or an equivalent ratio. XY will then style it like the drive bars in This PC view - after all, the underlying code is already there. Maybe I should wait for draw.* to be able to paint actual bars? Still, I think a "native" "completion tag" makes sense (we have a yes/no, a rating, and more)
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey, I swear I did not see this thread yet but I spent the whole morning adding the new "draw.bar" command. :biggrin:
Attachments
Bar.png
Bar.png (25.58 KiB) Viewed 1550 times

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

add "draw.colorscale" and you will have come quite close to Excel's major conditional formatting options. :appl:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Filehero wrote:add "draw.colorscale" and you will have come quite close to Excel's major conditional formatting options. :appl:
Whatever this is... :)

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

The color automatically changes based on the value within a range. say red for max value and green for min value. The color will be orange :whistle: yellow for the median. HSL might be a suitable color format for this. ed> http://www.excel-easy.com/examples/color-scales.html
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks. I think I'll keep this in my mind for later... ;)

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

admin wrote:Whatever this is... :)
As Sammay already pointed (thanks).

As for me, it was mainly a statement of impression ("almost...").

As for the draw option: sometimes I do find this automatic status light quite handy. But since it's basically just another flavor of the existing ones, it is ..... "procrastinatable". :titter: