Pinned folders or files

Features wanted...
Millzey

Pinned folders or files

Post by Millzey »

Most of the time my lists are sorted by creation date, with folders on the bottom (some permanent, and frequently new ones). The permanent folders I timestamp with a date far in the future so they are at the top of the list of folders and I have them colored with a Label or color filter for visibility.

However I'm constantly moving the newest files (at the top) in the list into those permanent folders (at the bottom), but if the list is rather long it would be super convienent to have these folders at the top. I investigated manual sorting, and tried something like this script, but then the list is no longer sorted by creation date and and autorefresh no longer works.

$f = quicksearch("lbl:Blue /n");
sortbylist($f);

Would it be possible to have a feature to have certain folders always pinned at the top, honoring whatever the current sort order is?

highend

Re: Pinned folders or files

Post by highend »

A custom column with a script?

E.g.

Code: Select all

$onTopNames = "logs|utils";
    $curFolder = regexmatches(<cc_base>, "^" . $onTopNames . "$");
    if !($curFolder) { return; }
    else { return $curFolder; }
And then you would sort for
1st: The custom column
2nd: created / modified date

If the folder shouldn't be sorted by name you'd need to change the script to read their date first
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Millzey

Re: Pinned folders or files

Post by Millzey »

Thanks for the input,that sounds quite possible. But wouldnt "Keep Folders on Top" have to be enabled? I have that disabled and folders at the bottom. A feature to have Folders on top per folder would be great too.